CLA voting members are eligible and encouraged to serve on CLA working, standing, and award committees. If you would like to participate in CLA by serving on a committee, please complete Committee Interest Form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!
- Awards and Scholarships - Oversees and supports the work of CLA's awards and scholarships committees and participates in the planning for the CLA Awards
Gala. More. . .
- Conference Planning- Coordinates program selection and activities for CLA's Annual Conference. More. . .
- Intellectual Freedom- Creates an awareness of the issues of intellectual freedom, investigates any controversial issue, provides resources for handling problems, prepares recommendations, and coordinates CLA's
Zoia Horn Intellectual Freedom Award. More. . .
- Interest Group - Oversees and supports Interest Group activity, reviews program and funding requests from Interest Groups, and assists interested members in forming new interest groups. More. . .
Standing committees are permanent fixtures within the CLA organizational structure. The duties and responsibilities of most standing committees are described in the CLA Bylaws.
- Advocacy & Legislation- Works closely with CLA lobbyists to coordinate CLA legislative agenda. Committee members also watch current and pending legislation and respond to requests for information from legislative agencies and other associations and organizations. More. . .
- Bylaws and Governance - Reviews the duties of officers; reviews the formation, charges and dissolution of Committees, Interest Groups and other components of CLA. Makes recommendations for any needed revisions in the CLA Bylaws and the Standing Rules of the Association. More. . .
- Finance - Recommends an annual budget for CLA and considers all matters of a financial nature that are referred to the committee. The CLA Finance Committee consists of six members who serve three-year staggered
terms. More. . .
- Leadership Development - Foster activities that maintain and promote a pool of potential leaders and provide mentoring and leadership development activities. Make written recommendations to the Board of Directors
of members to serve on committees, task forces, and other work groups. More...
- Membership - Responsible for evaluating and developing CLA membership procedures, dues structure, recruitment and retention campaigns and member benefits. More. . .