The Circulation Interest Group provides a venue for those interested in the circulation/account services aspects of libraries to talk about their policies and procedures, challenges, and best practices.
Jenn Johnson, Carlsbad City Library: Jennifer.email@example.com
Areas of Interest
- Customer Service: getting to a culture of yes; developing policies that favor the customer without penalizing the staff.
- Accounts: Ways to increase membership; alternative cards
- In general, sharing information with the community on service improvements and innovations.
- Alternative circulation, such as implementing and staffing types of mobile circ, mobile libraries (pop-up, book bike, bookmobile), home delivery, etc.
- Realities of circulating non-traditional items such as sewing machines, Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, ukuleles, etc.
Members of the Circulation Interest Group are invited to join the Circulation Listserv where members communicate and share
Please note: the listserv will be reviewed twice per year and non-active CLA members will be removed from the list.