To evaluate past, current, and future technology trends to improve the library technology experience for both library patrons and library staff.
The Technology Interest Group
- Coordinates CLA's Technology New Leader Award
- Coordinates CLA's Technology Professional Award
- Selects a few library technology concerns or suggestions from the list gathered from CLA members. It is responsible for providing recommendations to technology solutions, such as system/network infrastructure design, gadgets, website applications, CMS, RFID solutions, mobile applications, Open Source ILS, etc. The group also encourages its members to present and or advise on certain topics as requested by CLA members. The Technology Interest Group communicates via online, conference calls, and during the annual conference.
Lena Pham, Library Programs Consultant, California State Library: Lena.Pham@library.ca.gov
Past Chair and Awards Chair
Mellanie Reeve, Chaffey College: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Fling Coordinator
Crystal Schimpf, Librarian and Co-Founder, Kixal: email@example.com
- Carla Arbagey, Electronic Resources Librarian, UC Riverside: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phillip Ballo, Independent Researcher and Library Assistant, Southwestern College: email@example.com
- Julie Oborny, Web Librarian, San Jose Pulic Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Ream, Librarian, Southwest College: email@example.com
- Mellanie Reeve, Chaffey College: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crystal Schimpf, Librarian and Co-Founder, Kixal: email@example.com
Carla Arbagey,Electronic Resources Librarian, UC Riverside: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out what the leadership team and group member have been discussing by reviewing our meeting minutes.
Members of the Technology Interest Group are invited to join the
Technology listserv where members communicate and share information.
Please note: the listserv will be reviewed twice per year and non-active CLA members will be removed from the list.