Submit Your Ideas for the 2016 Summer Reading Slogan
iREAD is excited to open up brainstorming of our 2016 slogan to librarians in California! The 2016 theme will focus on sports and games to coincide with the XXXI Olympiad in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Beginning now and continuing through November 15th, we are soliciting ideas for 2016's slogan. We know librarians are full of great ideas and we hope you will pass our search along to librarians in your state.
There are many ways to submit slogan ideas -
- Through our Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/ireadprogram
- On our Twitter Account - @iREADprogram
- By email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The iREAD slogan must...
- Be universal in promoting reading
- Lend itself to a strong graphic interpretation
- Have appeal to K-12 students and library staff
- Include a form of the word "Book," “Read" or "Library"
- Be focused in interpretation
- Be appropriate for both genders
- Be dynamic and imply action
- Be translatable into other languages fairly easily
When I think of the Olympics, I think of ordinary people accomplishing extraordinary feats and overcoming challenges and obstacles. I think of people who work hard to reach their goals and achieve greatness. I am looking to translate these themes into the slogan for 2016.
Thank you so much for your time. I look forward to seeing all the wonderful slogan ideas we'll get!
Kate J. Kite
2016 iREAD Chair
Interim Library Director
Wood River Public Library