2013 CLA & ILA Present Outcomes + Outreach = Outstanding Summer Reading Programs
CLA and ILA have come together to sponsor a hands-on workshop which will give you a framework and techniques for planning and presenting successful outcomes- and outreach-based summer reading programs.
Date: Friday, June 28, 2013
Time: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Location: 2013 ALA Conference
Lori Easterwood, Sacramento Public Library, CA
Helen Fisher, Ontario City Library, CA
Cindy Mediavilla, California State Library
Eva Mitnick, Los Angeles Public Library, CA
Virginia Walter, Outcomes Trainer and Consultant, CA
Michelle Wyss, Forman Valley Public Library District, Manito, Ill
Participants will learn how to:
• conduct a community needs assessment;
• develop meaningful outcomes and measurement tools;
• reach out effectively to your community and underserved groups;
• evaluate the impact of your summer reading program;
• generate results that show the value and impact of summer reading; and
• use results to improve library service, promote the library, and generate funding.
The workshop will help librarians transition from presenting programs that merely measure outputs to creating programs that record benefits. While the workshop will focus on summer reading, the skills acquired by participants will be transferable to other areas of library service.
Register today at http://ala13.ala.org/register-now.
If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Cole.