Cataloging Serials With RDA
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
San Mateo Public Library, Computer Training Lab, Main Library, 55 West 3rd Ave, San Mateo, CA
Presenter: Sarah Gardner
This advanced half-day workshop focused on serials cataloging with RDA for participants with a working knowledge of serials cataloging, a basic understanding of RDA concepts, and a familiarity with CONSER standards. Attendees participated in exercises using tools and documentation in support of cataloging serials with RDA. Virtual handouts were provided through post-workshop access to the presentation slides. The workshop was presented by CLA's Technical Services Interest Group and co-sponsored by the Northern California Technical Processes Group (NCTPG) and Southern California Technical Processes Group (SCTPG).
- $85 non-members
- $50 CLA members, NCTPG members, and SCTPG members
- $35 student members
Included an afternoon break with light refreshments.
- "I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and found it most informative."
- "Thank you for doing this for all of us in the field."
- "I thought the materials were excellent."
- "I found the presenter to be extremely knowledgeable and eager to help the participants learn."
About the presenter
Sarah Gardner is the Serials and Government Documents Cataloging Unit Head at UC Davis. She is the Davis representative to the UC CONSER Funnel and does training and record review for UC Davis staff and other members in the UC Funnel. She is a longtime member of the North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG) and currently serves as the Co-Chair on its Electronic Communications Committee.
Questions? Please email Elaine Franco, Advisory Board Member, CLA Technical Services Interest Group
Notes, Terms, and Conditions
- The San Mateo Public Library facilities are being rented for this event. The viewpoints and materials presented at this event are not necessarily endorsed by the City of San Mateo or the San Mateo Public Library.
- Underground parking is free and workshop registrants will not be subject to the two-hour limit. Public transportation options include bus and Caltrain (with BART connection at Millbrae station). For driving, parking, and public transportation directions, see: http://www.cityofsanmateo.org/index.aspx?NID=514
- Registration closes Friday, April 5, at 5:00pm PST. Registration payments must be received at the CLA office by Friday, April 5, at 5:00pm PDT for your registration to be processed.
- Refunds cannot be issued within three weeks of an event taking place.
- All refunds are subject to a $25 processing fee.
- Events costing $25 and under are not eligible for refunds.
- Your registration for a Spring Fling program constitutes permission to utilize photos taken of you at the event for news, promotion, and similar purposes.
- Please contact the CLA Executive Director if you have questions.