Staff Development From Within
Providing staff with professional development and training is critical in keeping them involved in moving a library forward. This webinar discusses what to look for when developing training at your organization, ways to express appreciation to your staff, and how to create a mentoring program at your library. This program is presented by CLA's Management Interest Group.
Presenter: Angie Miraflor, San Jose Public Library
The webinar took place Thursday, April 18, 2013.
Access to a recording of the webinar may be purchased.
- $35 non-members
- $25 CLA members
- $15 student members
Purchase access to webinar recording
Webinar attendees said:
- "Our group appreciated the practical ideas we can use for our employee training program."
- "It was a great program! Thank you!"
About the presenter
Angie Miraflor manages the Centralized Programming Department and King Library Children's Room at San Jose Public Library. She is also a co-lead for SJPL's awesome Staff Development and Training Committee, a group of energetic library staff who are committed to personal and professional development. Angie is also part of CLA's Intellectual Freedom Committee, and when she's not thinking libraries, she's traveling, watching hockey, or volunteering with the San Jose Museum of Art.
Questions? Please email Jeff Scott, Chair, CLA Management Interest Group
Terms and Conditions for the Live Event
- Registration closes Friday, April 12, at 5:00pm PDT. Registration payments must be received at the CLA office by Friday, April 12, at 5:00pm PDT for your registration to be processed and the webinar password and information to be sent to you.
- Refunds cannot be issued within three weeks of an event taking place.
- All refunds are subject to a $25 processing fee.
- Events costing $25 and under are not eligible for refunds.
- Group rates: one person must register for the entire group and the login information will be sent to that person. If the person registering the group is a CLA member the group is entitled to the member rate. Group rates are intended for four or more individuals viewing the webinar together. The login information you use may only be used on one machine.
- The webinar will be recorded and the recording will be made available to all registrants at a later date.
- Your registration for a Spring Fling program constitutes permission to utilize photos taken of you at the event for news, promotion, and similar purposes.
- Please contact the CLA Executive Director if you have questions.