CLA Conference Update
With less than a month until conference, time is growing short. Registration for all meal events closes on October 19. If you want to eat with your friends, you’d better hurry! Also, reserve a room at the official conference hotel, the San José Marriott, by October 19 so that CLA gets credit—this helps keep the cost of the conference reasonable
Convince your boss you should come to conference, using one of these three reasons:
- Networking: Make a contact that helps your library receive a grant, or find the perfect someone to fill that open job.
- The exhibits: Great deals can be made on the exhibits floor. Find out what is new and exciting in technology, furniture, products and services so you can sound smart at the next department meeting.
- And… The programs!
Take advantage of three days of continuing education, staff development, and professional enrichment. Here are a few highlights. See the conference website for details on all the programs, speakers, and special events.
- Advocacy: From the Lips of a Politician: A Mayor’s View of the Power of Public Libraries
- Technology: Beyond Your Website: Social Media Best Practices
- Teens: I’m Just Getting Started, Ms. Mayor: Civic Engagement Through Teen Advisory Programs
- Books and Reading: California Mystery Authors: California Writers Panel
- Career Development: Follow Your Heart: Parlaying Your Interests into Career Opportunities
- Facilities: Win, Win, Win: Building Support for Building Libraries
- Management: An Iron Will, Nerves of Steel and a Heart of Gold: Mastering the Metals of Management
- Technical Services: RDA: Resource Description and Access: An Update
- Children’s Services: Read, Interact, and Play in the Digital Age
- AND 52 MORE!!!
See you in San José and don’t forget to BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag)!