Back to Resources for Interest Group Leaders
1. Each Interest Group has its own set of pages on CLA’s website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact CLA’s Interest Group Liaison to add content or edit content on your pages.
2. Each Interest Group is provided with a listserv for its members. Members may sign-up for the listservs from each Interest Group’s home page.
3. Interest Groups may use CLA's conference call service. Interest Group leaders should email email@example.com to contact CLA’s Interest Group Liaison for their number.
4. Interest Group leaders are encouraged to promote their activities as widely as possible. Please use CLA’s communication tools (e.g. CALIX, Facebook and Twitter) and any lists and social networking sites you are a member of. We encourage Interest Groups to set up Facebook groups to promote their activities and communicate with members. Please also submit content to CLA for its Facebook page and Twitter postings to help us promote your group and demonstrate the wide range of interests CLA encompasses.
5. Interest Group leaders are encouraged to contribute information about their group to any Association-wide promotional pieces that are produced by CLA. Calls for content are made to Interest Group leaders when items are produced, and staff support is available to those who require assistance in writing their content.
6. Interest Group leaders meet by telephone during the year with CLA’s Interest Group Liaison and Interest Group Committee chair.
7. CLA communicates with its Interest Group leaders via the Interest Group listserv, and leaders are invited to ask questions, discuss matters of interest, and share experiences on the list. The list is accessible from the Interest Group Leaders' page. All Interest Group leaders must subscribe. They may also nominate other officers to be added to the list.