The Begun Scholarship, named in memory of former librarian Betty Begun, supports continuing library school students who have demonstrated a commitment to becoming children's or young adult librarians in a California public library.
The Begun Scholarship is funded by CLA's Begun Scholarship Fund. Contributions to the fund are tax-deductible and will enable CLA to continue supporting a new generation of youth services librarians for California.
If you would like to contribute to the CLA Begun Scholarship, please send your check or money order to the CLA office or use our online donation form. CLA is a not-for-profit 501 (c) 3 organization and is eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions. For more information on making a contribution, please contact the CLA Executive Director.
- Mahasin Abuwi Aleem, SJSU (2016)
- Shanna Shiah, UCLA (2015)
- Raina Tuakoi, SJSU (2014)
- Lisa Nowlain, SJSU, (2013)
- Meredith Steiner, SJSU (2012)
- Concepción (Connie) Flores, SJSU (2011)
- Anne Marie Hurtado, SJSU (2010)
- Alexandria Godina, UCLA (2009)
- Linda Engelke, SJSU (2008)