The Technical Services Interest Group provides a forum for library staff to explore, discuss interests, and address concerns affecting the operation of technical services activities in libraries throughout California. We are affiliated with the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS), a division of the American Library Association.
- To provide continuing education programs on Technical Services subjects
- To facilitate exchange of ideas among those with day-to-day Technical Services responsibilities
- To incorporate new technology in the Technical Services workflow
- To acknowledge an outstanding individual in Technical Services with the Technical Services Award of Achievement
- To acknowledge a new leader who has actively and enthusiastically embraced their role within both TSIG and CLA with the Technical Service New Leader Award
- To contribute to the overall success of the California Library Association
Luiz Mendes, Cataloging Coordinator, Collection Access & Management Services, California State University, Northridge: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chair/Chair Elect
Elise Wong, Cataloging and Reference Librarian, Saint Mary's College of California: email@example.com
- Imad Abuelgasim, Original Cataloger, Metadata Creation Unit, Catalog and Metadata Services, Moffitt Library, University of California, Berkeley: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Alvarado, Sacramento Public Library: email@example.com
Yu-Lan Chou, Program Coordinator - Technical Services, Santa Clara City Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Cohen, Technical Services Department Manager, Palos Verdes Library District: email@example.com
- Kathryn Foster, Gold Shield Alumnae, UCLA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elaine Franco, Original Cataloger, Shields Library, University of California, Davis: email@example.com
- Emily Koster, Technical Services Librarian, Contra Costa County: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Renee Moore, Special Collections Catalog Librarian, California State University, Fresno: email@example.com
Follow us on social media!
Members of the Technical Services Interest Group are invited
to join the Technical Services listserv where members communicate
and share information.
Please note: the listserv will be reviewed twice per year and non-active CLA members will be removed from the list.