Join library leaders of today and tomorrow for personal growth and professional development. The Management Interest Group promotes excellence in the management, administration, and governance of libraries in California. Whether you're currently a leader or are exploring a leadership role in the future, the Management Interest Group provides networking and learning opportunities. We do this by:
- Sponsoring management-related programs (CLA conferences);
- Developing workshops for library managers, new managers, and those interested in becoming managers;
- Providing career development resources;
- Career Connections, a dynamic way to meet and interact with professionals from all aspects of the profession.
Major initiativesCLA Mentoring Program
CLA and the Management Interest Group are proud to announce the revival of the Mentoring Program! Please visit our Mentoring Program page to participate!
LEAD: Management Interest Group Newsletter
Our newsletter comes out three times a year, September, November, and January. Find articles and curated links on management issues in and outside of libraries, book reviews, and events at Annual Conference, Spring Fling, and throughout the year.
Annual Conference sessions on topics ranging from tax measure development to preparing for leadership change.
Leonard Hernandez, San Bernardino County Library: email@example.com
Michael Jimenez, San Bernardino County Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Chair
Mary Abler, San Francisco Public Library: email@example.com
Amy Chirman, Santa Cruz Public Libraries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heidi Murphy, Pleasanton Public Library: email@example.com
Tara Smith, Pasadena Public Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
Erika Thibault, Los Angeles Public Library: email@example.com
Laura Einstadter, Amador County Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Abler, San Francisco Public Library
- Heather Cousin, City Librarian, Thousand Oaks Public Library
- Laura Einstadter, County Librarian, Amador County Library
- Clio Hathaway, Youth Services Manager, Hayward Public Library
- Helen McAlary, Library Director, Ontario City Library
- Sean Reinhart, Library and Community Services Director, Hayward Public Library
- Sandra Stewart, Division Manager, San Jose Public Library
- Hillary Theyer, City Librarian, Torrance Public Library
- Kathleen Wade, Regional Services Manager, OC Public Libraries
- Betty Waznis, Library Director, Chula Vista Public Library
Find out what the leadership team and group member have been discussing by reviewing our meeting minutes.
Members of the Management Interest Group are invited to join the Management listserv where members communicate and share information.
- Post to Listserv: email@example.com
- Archives: Management Archives
- Subscribe: Click Here
- Unsubscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the listserv will be reviewed twice per year and non-active CLA members will be removed from the list.