Get Involved: Powered by Your Library: California State Library symposium at the Sacramento Public Library
Presented by the California State Library in partnership with CLA’s Spring Fling series.
Date: April 21, 2011
Time: 9:30am – 3:00pm
Location: Sacramento Public Library
The symposium will showcase innovative volunteer engagement strategies and Get Involved success stories from across California. Participants will have the opportunity to exchange ideas, successes, and lessons learned, and go home with a flash drive full of practical tools. We will also discuss ideas to sustain regional Get Involved communities of practice in 2011-12. Travel expenses will be reimbursed and lunch will be provided.
The Get Involved Symposia are designed for:
- Library and literacy staff members and volunteers that participated in the 2009 (San Francisco) and 2010 (Irvine) Get Involved institutes. (You are welcome to bring your Get Involved team.)
- Library and literacy staff and volunteers who are new to Get Involved and interested in learning from others who have successfully engaged high-skilled volunteer leaders. You will benefit most if more than one person from your library attends.
Come share and learn:
- How to engage skilled volunteer leaders in your library and in your community;
- How to get staff and union buy-in to expand the use of volunteers;
- The inspiring and transformational impact that skilled volunteers can have;
- How to get the greatest results from using VolunteerMatch;
- Promising practices that will help you be successful.
Register early! Space is limited and registrants will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis. Pleas register for the symposium geographically closest to your library. Please register individually at http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1034858-axZAMKub1H. You may register others from your team who plan to attend but each person’s contact info is required.
For more information or if you will require travel expenses beyond mileage reimbursement, please contact: Carla Lehn, Library Programs Consultant, California State Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 653-7743