CLA's advocacy, professional development, and community enrichment work is supported by the contributions of its members. In return, CLA members:
- receive reduced registration rages at CLA professional development events;
- are eligible to participate in CLA's Mentoring Program, Interest Groups, and Committees;
- have access to member communications, listservs, and forums;
- are eligible to vote in annual CLA elections and guide the direction of the association; and
- receive advance copies of the CLA Insider.
If you are not yet a CLA member, please join today!
- CLA is a strong and effective advocate for libraries at the state, national, and local levels.
- CLA is the hub for collaboration, professional development, and innovation for the California library community.
- CLA keeps the library community informed and up to date about issues facing the library profession.
- CLA provides dynamic and cutting edge professional development and training opportunities for the library community.
- CLA provides high-quality and effective programs, resources, and services for the communities served by California's libraries.
- CLA provides career development support and connects job seekers and employers through its Mentoring Program and Career Center.
- CLA provides opportunities for professional engagement and development through its Interest Groups, committees, programs, and advocacy work.
- CLA connects library professionals who share the same interests to help foster and grow specialist areas of interest within our community.
- CLA provides the library community with opportunities to give back to the library profession.
- Together we are stronger. As a collective voice, the CLA membership works together to strengthen California's libraries.