Involving Volunteers in Snapshot Day
Consider recruiting volunteers to help you plan and present Snapshot Day programs and collect data, photos, and quotes on the day.
Here is a volunteer recruitment template and sample volunteer job descriptions for:
California’s Public Libraries are currently eligible for free Volunteer Match accounts which can help you get volunteers for Snapshot Day! Click here for more information, or contact Carla Lehn at the California State Library: email@example.com.
Some other things volunteers might do include:
- Developing handouts and flyers in the weeks leading up to Snapshot Day
- Decorating the library
- Serving food and drinks
- Setting up and breaking down any displays and program materials
- Handing out library literature at programs
- Preparing crafts for storytimes and other children’s activities
Since you might have heavy traffic on Snapshot Day, consider asking your regular volunteers to come in and help with tasks such as:
- Putting carts in order
- Helping patrons with computer questions
- Shelf reading and straightening shelves
- Keeping the library tidy
- Working in the bookstore
California Library Snapshot Day is part of a national campaign! Please see the
American Library Association website
for more information.
California Library Snapshot Day is a project of the California Library Association (CLA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.