*REGISTRATION IS CLOSED AS EVENT IS FULL*
Have you been longing for an efficient way to manage, edit, or analyze large group of metadata?
Come learn about MarcEdit, a freely downloadable metadata software suite available at no cost on the Internet. MarcEdit is designed for large-scale batch record processing, including batch editing MARC records, character set conversions, and record extractions. It also provides users with the ability to perform crosswalks between MARC and other metadata formats (e.g. Dublin Core, EAD, and MARCXML). This workshop will demonstrate how to edit large batches of records and discuss how your library might use MarcEdit to enhance your workflows. Participants are encouraged to download the software and use Youtube tutorial to try it out, and bring record files for the Q&A session.
For more information about MarcEdit, please see http://marcedit.reeset.net/
About the presenter:
Terry Reese is currently the Head of Digital Initiatives at the Ohio State University Libraries, He has been working on MarcEdit since 1999.
Registration Fees (Individuals)
Registration is capped at 48.
Advanced registration (by May 27, 2016)
$100 non-CLA members
$75 CLA members, NCTPG, SCTPG members
$50 CLA student members
Regular registration (after May 27, 2016)
$150 non-CLA members
$125 CLA members, NCTPG, SCTPG members
$100 CLA student members
- Refunds cannot be issued within three weeks of an event taking place.
- All refunds are subject to a $25 processing fee.
- Events costing $25 and under are not eligible for refunds.
- If any advanced registration rate is offered, mail-in registrations must be received by the CLA office by 5pm on May 27, 2016 to receive the advanced registration rate.
- CLA member rates: person must be an Individual Voting or Supporting CLA member to receive the discounted member rate for workshops or webinars.
- Your registration for a Spring Fling program constitutes permission to utilize photos taken of you at the event for news, promotion, and similar purposes. * Please contact the CLA Executive Director if you have questions.
- If you have questions about registration or the workshop itself, please contact Yu-Lan Chou at (408) 615-2941.