California Summer Reading Program
CLA's California Summer Reading Program provides California public libraries with free resources to help them plan, present, and evaluate high-quality and impactful summer reading programs.
- Our summer reading resources are created and provided in partnership with the Illinois Library Association's iREAD program.
- CLA encourages and enable libraries to present outcomes-based summer reading programs.
- The California Summer Reading Program is funded with an LSTA grant from the California State Library.
iREAD supports libraries. Every purchase from iREAD supports library advocacy, and California libraries are helping to sustain a statewide summer reading program for California by using the iREAD program. Fact Sheet on CLA's partnership with iREAD
- "All libraries benefit from the opportunity to use the California Summer Reading Program materials. This effort brings libraries together as one voice for the community to hear how they can get involved in reading during the summer."
- "The materials are professional and reflect the importance of summer reading. The graphics are extremely beneficial for presenting a polished look and are a timesaver for staff."
- "We absolutely depend on the summer reading materials! Our staff has been cut back so much in recent years, we simply wouldn't have time to plan programs without the manual and all the wonderful suggestions and program outlines."
- "We couldn't possibly do the quality SRP we do without all of the great programming ideas, booklists, and other excellent resources provided to us this year."
- "A huge weight is lifted when we receive our Resource Guide."
- "It is terrific to have a unifying theme and artwork for our library system."
Not a California Summer Reading Program library? Contact us today to find out how you can begin receiving our resources!
The California Summer Reading Program is a project of the California Library Association, supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.