Individual Membership Information
CLA is the hub for collaboration, professional development, and innovation for the California library community. We are a strong and effective voice for libraries at the local, state, and national levels. And we provide high-quality and effective programs, resources, and services for the communities served by California's libraries.
We encourage all members of the library community to become CLA members and reap the benefits of being part of the CLA community.
Full Individual Membership (voting membership, required for library employees, and based on annual gross salary)
- $85,000 and over $165
- $55,000 to $84,999 $140
- $40,000 to $54,999 $120
- $30,000 to $39,999 $95
- Under $30,000 $40
- Trustee, Retired, Unemployed, Friend, Out of State $40
- Library Student (3 years maximum) $20
- First Time Member - One-time rate for first-time members $40
This is a special introductory offer to all library employees who earn more than $30,000 per year. This $40 rate is available to first time, new members as an opportunity to realize a first year membership savings. All the full membership benefits apply to this membership. Your second year's dues will be paid at the gross salary level that applies. CLA at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you qualify for first time membership.
Print Membership Form
Benefits of Full Individual membership:
- Access to the "member only" areas of CLA's website
- Discounted registration rates at the Annual Conference & Spring Fling workshops
- Access to member communications, listservs and forums
- Eligible to participate as an officer of the Association
- Eligible to serve on Committees
- Eligible to participate in Interest Groups
- Right to vote in annual CLA elections of officers & special elections affecting the association
Full Individual memberships are designed for:
- Librarians & library support staff employed in libraries
- Students enrolled in graduate programs of library and information science or in LTA programs at the college level
- Individuals interested in the development, promotion, and improvement of library services including:
- folks inbetween jobs
- friends of the library who wish to vote in CLA elections
Not employed by a California library? Become a CLA Supporting Member! Supporting Membership dues are $25 annually and is extended to those who wish to support CLA's programs and advocacy efforts, but not participate in elections, committees, interest groups or run for office. But remember, this membership is only for folks not employed by a California library. Become a CLA Supporting Member today!